Welcome to our
Please Click Here for a full list of articles within this Area.
The following are categories commonly used in this area: area of the Databank. In here you will find the index of planets, locations, and space stations within the Solar System. This includes canon "The Expanse" locations as well as member-created on the Expanse-Rp board.
The distance from the sun in AU is:
- Earth: 1g
- Mars: 0.38g
- Ceres: 0.3g (equivalent near surface)
- Io: 0.183g
- Luna: 0.165g
- Ganemede: 0.146g
- Titan: 0.14g
- Mercury 0.37
- Venus 0.90
- Uranus 0.88
- Neptune 1.12
- Pluto 0.06
- Eris 0.08
- Mercury 0.39
- Venus 0.72
- Earth 1.00
- Mars 1.52
- Jupiter 5.20
- Saturn 9.58
- Uranus 19.20
- Sol Gate 24.2
- Neptune 30.05
- Ceres 2.76
- Pluto 39.48
- Haumea 43.00
- Makemake 45.34
- Eris 68.05
Travel Time Calculator
To make life easier for Roleplay we generally assume that the objects in the system are roughly where they are at the present time when you check. If you want to calculate travel times based on constant acceleration please use the tool we made HERE
- If you intend to make a larger/more significant location/settlement then this should be reflected in having been used extensively in roleplay on the forum.
- Frontier settlements must start out small and be expanded over time and by multiple writers.
- Ensure at least the basics and a summary paragraph are completed
- Do not copy a canon item from another genre/intellectual property
- Please add sensible tags and categories to your page to make it easy to sort and find
- Though there is no upper limit to the size/population of a location one can create on Expanse RP, we ask that you remember to add references and flesh out this location first through RP threads.
- You may not submit systems and locations beyond the ring gates that are drawn from the books (e.g. Illus and Laconia). These do not exist in our Timeline.
- Locations must not have working ring builder technology without staff approval.
- There is animal life, but no intelligent life beyond the gates