CERES The good, the bad and the....order

Discussion in 'Private Roleplay' started by Anicarn, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Anicarn

Character Biography:
    Bio
    "Attention people of Ceres. For too long the belts largest city has been controlled by foreign powers. The inners have taken from this stations inhabitants for generations, have fought wars that resulted in your thirst and famine, and even now as the UN seeks to leave this rock behind, the Martians seek to make it their own. I say, Ceres belongs to the Belt! The wealth of the Belt flows through Ceres, it is belters who should benefit. That is why I have taken control of the Air, Water & Power facility on Ceres. I am delegating control to my associates in the OPA who, within the next fortnight, will hold elections to form a new, Belter lead government." As he spoke, doors slammed shut across the station, catwalks retracted, atmosphere was vented in certain compartments, barriers descended around Martian squads and UNN outposts. "I have begun locking the inners out of our station. They will have one route to follow, and that is back to the docks. If they do not comply, it is up to the population of this station to force them out, like a body forces out an infection. If you want a part in this new world, contact your nearest OPA representative or member. They will lay the groundwork for the stations new administration. Du Feri da Belt."

The message is broadcast in a loop on all broadcast screens. The panic and tension already at its peak has just reached a new level. The two guards assigned to the entrance to the Martian embassy, turn their heads towards each other and frown. The adjacent corridors quickly emptied for an unknown reason soon after the message was broadcast. And now, a strange noise is being heard. Their weapons were pointed and their sights pointed towards the corridors. Quickly, very quickly the origin of the noise becomes clear.

The first burst of bullets hit the left guard fatally. While the second one tried unsuccessfully to resist. A group of armed people crawled in front of the embassy. Security systems are triggered and panels appear from the floor, erecting protective walls.

The embassy is safe... but for how long?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Attention people of Ceres. For too long the belts largest city has been controlled by foreign powers. The inners have taken from this stations inhabitants for generations, have fought wars that resulted in your thirst and famine, and even now as the UN seeks to leave this rock behind, the Martians seek to make it their own. I say, Ceres belongs to the Belt! The wealth of the Belt flows through Ceres, it is belters who should benefit. That is why I have taken control of the Air, Water & Power facility on Ceres. I am delegating control to my associates in the OPA who, within the next fortnight, will hold elections to form a new, Belter lead government." As he spoke, doors slammed shut across the station, catwalks retracted, atmosphere was vented in certain compartments, barriers descended around Martian squads and UNN outposts. "I have begun locking the inners out of our station. They will have one route to follow, and that is back to the docks. If they do not comply, it is up to the population of this station to force them out, like a body forces out an infection. If you want a part in this new world, contact your nearest OPA representative or member. They will lay the groundwork for the stations new administration. Du Feri da Belt."

-
    'little prick

Steven Wright is not really thrilled with the latest news. The Martian embassy is under siege and the station has fallen under the control of a terrorist and pirate gang. Thought about it, the UNN should never have left Ceres. What to do about it? Disembarking troops on Ceres as planned is more complex than expected. And the cards have just been re-shuffled.

- Sir, UNN Cochran has just sent another request to establish communications.

UNN forces are already on the ground. A small martian team is in the embassy. And the Simurgh is close enough to be able to disembark additional forces. In view of the situation, a truce would not be a bad idea.

- Establish communications with UNN Jakarta. We'll bring order back to Ceres!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carson frowned when alarms rang in the embassy. A young assistant next to him lets out a panic scream. Orders appear on his helmet display. Asking him questions, he makes sure that his weapon is loaded and then goes to the rooms near the entrance. The walls trembled under the weight of something unknown. The tables and chairs are on the ground. All the other marines are gathered on site with the weapon in hand.

- What are they attacking us with?

- Who knows.

Then in single file, they approach the front door.

With a kick on it, the first one in line opens the door while the rest of the team moves into position. A small drone-camera is launched outside and gives access to a visual of the situation. On the other side of the security panels, the "rebels" deployed grenade launchers. For more or less successful results. The facade of the embassy is disfigured by holes dug by the propelled grenades.

Who knows where they got their hands on this kind of thing. A grenade, a Martian, comes out through the door and passes over the panels to land among the "siege" engines. Taking advantage of the explosions, they launched an assault on the insurgents. Ready to bring order to Ceres.

@Dolores Muwangwa

#1 Anicarn, Feb 14, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  2. Dolores Muwangwa

Dolores Muwangwa Captain, UNN Thomas Cochrane

Character Biography:
    Bio
    CIC DECK
    UNN THOMAS COCHRANE
    IN ORBIT OF CERES

Well, at least they’ve finally ackowledged us, Dolores frowned, noticing the transmission from the Martian Embassy on her terminal with somewhat mixed emotions. On the one hand, Mars’ help could prove vital in putting down this little insurrection. On the other, things must have gotten pretty bad down there for the Martians to admit that they needed help. She rolled her eyes and sat back a little in her command couch. The Martians were excellent soldiers and sailors, and one had to acknowledge their technological acumen, but good God above they could be such a bunch of entitled children sometimes. She put the Martian channel to one side for a moment, and returned to her tightbeam with Mendelssohn, on the Loup. “Status report, Commander?” She spoke, sharply into her microphone, not having to wait long for Mendelssohn’s sharp, formal reply. “Basquerro and McLeish are suiting up as we speak, Captain. The plan is to override the service elevators, and if that doesn’t work, drop down the shafts. The terrorists have full control of the stations’ systems, which means they’ll have full access to the security cameras. Sneaking up on them’s not possible, so we may as well just kick the doors down.” Mendelssohn’s speech was calm, and to the point, the way the Australian always got when it came to military matters. Dolores nodded her head in agreement. “Very good Commander. I’ve been speaking with the Martians, it seems like they’re willing to assist us. I’ll patch them through to you now. Muwangwa Out.” She closed the channel with her XO with a tap of her finger, and brought the Martians back to her main feed.

“Good Day, Ambassador. This is Dolores Muwangwa, Captain of the UNN Thomas Cochrane, and Commanding Officer of UN Forces on Ceres. As we speak, Marines under my command are preparing to storm the AWP Facility, and wrest control from the terrorists that are holding this entire planetoid hostage. I have 20 Power-Armed Marines ready to assault the facility itself, while a further 100 are maintaining control of the docks. The terrorist’s threats are likely hollow, but I would advise putting anyone who doesn’t have an EVA Suit into a room with its own oxygen supply. In the event that the Belters do anything foolish, I wouldn’t want any Martian lives to be put at risk. With that said, any assistance you would be able to lend would be greatly appreciated. It is my understanding that Mars does have a significant complement of troops already on Ceres, and these would certainly be useful in securing the Area of Operations. For further information, I will put you through to Commander Aaron Mendelssohn, my XO, and Commanding Officer of my Marines.” With that, she sent the Martians the details of the Loup de Mers, and closed the feed.

3. Anicarn

Character Biography:
    Bio

The Commodore nods his head at the end of the transmission. Earth and Mars will cooperate to restore order to the station. The Martian troops on the ground are not sufficient for an operation of this scale (according to him). But the main thing is that they already have troops ready on the ground.

- We will send them an answer.

The holo-cameras are targeting him. With his back straight and his hands behind his back, he addressed the UNN THOMAS COCHRANE.

"There is Steven Wright, from the MCRN Simurgh.

Thank you for your information. I would like to inform you of the exact number of forces we currently have on site. As you can see from the data sent, we have only a few strengths. But currently temporarily blocked in the ours embassy by a ambush attack from local terrorists... Not for long

I therefore ask you to if we can deploy additional forces through the dock. I send you a exact list of the forces I want to send for help. You will see that we are talking about of a bunch of special forces, marines and somes equipments. But in our opinion, they will be essential to the success of the mission. That mean help my guys actually in the embassade and help you to regain the control of the station. W-- I'm open to discussion, of course. If you don't like it. I can propose something else.

Over"

@Dolores Muwangwa

#3 Anicarn, Feb 28, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  4. Dolores Muwangwa

Dolores Muwangwa Captain, UNN Thomas Cochrane

Character Biography:
    Bio
    CONTROL DECK

UNN LOUP DE MERS

IN GEOSTATIONARY ORBIT OF CERES

The Loup de Mers was a rudimentary corvette, relatively sleek by the standards of the UNN, but that was more a case of obsessive maintenance on the part of Commander Heyer than it was a case of the technology. It might be attached to the Thomas Cochrane, but the Remora-Class was an old style of corvette, lean and practised, designed to be attached to the undersides of cruisers that did not have the hangar space to hold them. She had a rudimentary armament, PDC’s and torpedoes, an old-fashioned Epstein Drive, and she shuddered disconcertingly whenever her directional thrusters fired, which they did a lot when she was trying to maintain a Geostationary orbit. Aaron Mendelssohn had not been travel-sick in more than a decade, but being stuck in a rattling hell-box in otherwise zero-gravity was certainly doing a good job of challenging that record. On top of that, he was having to orchestrate an elaborate military operation, and engage in negotiations with the Martian delegation. It was all he could do to keep his head straight, smiling slightly as the bulb of water that Afeaki had tossed him floated softly through the air. He managed to snatch it just moments before another course correction would have flung it into a wall. He grimaced and took a short sip from the bulb before setting it down with an audible clunk on his work surface. As cued by the nausea, the message from the Martian Embassy appeared on his screen, forwarded to him by Captain Muwangwa. Sighing a little, he straightened his back and opened the comms channel.

“The docks are yours, Mr Wright,” Mendelssohn’s stern Australian accent replied, with the precise cadence of a seasoned naval officer. “Best our intel can tell us, the OPA has no assets on Ceres that can stand up to twenty powered marines. We won't need any help with the assault, but I was hoping that your men might be able to set up a rearguard, a perimiter around the railways and tunnel systems, keep my men from getting boxed in. If you could provide any means of transport for our power-armoured troops, it would be much appreciated.” Mendelssohn gave a small nod, his expression ostensibly grateful, but his face was a hard one to read. "I want to get this operation underway in less than an hour. Every minute that passes gives them another minute to dig themselves in, set booby traps. If one of them does something idiotic, causes some damage we can't fix quickly, things will start to go wrong, fast. I want this quick and clean."

@Anicarn

#4 Dolores Muwangwa, Mar 4, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    Anicarn likes this.