1. Wild Frontier

The Wild Frontier has opened. Stake your claim as we enter Chapter 5 and a new era for the Expanse RP!

Dismiss Notice

Games The Expanse RPG

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Antumbralite, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Antumbralite

Antumbralite Keith Caileanach

Character Biography:
    Bio
    This may be a bit early, but I am curious as to who might be interested in forming a group for when The Expanse RPG releases in August.

I have had plenty of success playing table-top RPGs online in the past, be it on websites such as Roll20, or simply over a voice chat program. Depending on the complexity of the game, I see no reason why Discord and the dice roller bot cannot give us the tools we need to play. I plan to purchase all of the rulebooks and supplements, so we will have that information to reference.

Although I have been playing RPGs on-and-off for over twenty years, my experience as a DM/GM is lacking, though I am certainly willing to do so if no one else is interested.

Tetrarch and HSAR like this.
  2. HSAR

I'm really quite confused - seems like every time I hear about it, it's a board game, then a pen-and-paper RPG, then back again. Are both going to be a thing?

I haven't done online tabletop RPGs for a long time, but I'm certainly really interested in playing. I'd also be happy to trade off with you every now and then as GM, though my experience is also limited.

Tetrarch and Antumbralite like this.
  3. Antumbralite

Character Biography:
    Bio
    There is one of each. The board game is already out, and the pen-and-paper is due in August. This is specifically for the pen-and-paper RPG.

I'm not sure what the recommended amount of players is going to be, but it doesn't hurt to put out feelers for potentials!

Tetrarch likes this.
  4. Tetrarch

That explains it. I was the same as HSAR, I wasn't sure what type of game it was going to be. I admit, I'd be interested, it seems really cool.

5. HSAR

Yeah, I'd definitely be down for that. Could be tricky with timezones and days, but we won't know until the group forms is my guess.

#5 HSAR, Feb 20, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  6. Antumbralite

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Right, that's why I figured I'd start asking now. We will have plenty of time to work out the logistics.

HSAR likes this.
  7. Cpt_Buttersworth

Cpt_Buttersworth Moderating the shipping lanes

Character Biography:
    Bio
    I'm down. Though would this be pretty reliant on time zones being similar?

8. Antumbralite

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Unfortunately, yeah. Tabletops are played in real-time, but once we get a list of interested people, we can try to find a compromise. I know it might be tough, but we'll try to find a way.

HSAR likes this.
  9. HSAR

We're on but we're not on, I guess?

10. Antumbralite

Character Biography:
    Bio
  11. HSAR

January shipping estimate for the Kickstarter.

12. Antumbralite

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Ah, yes. It's looking like the PDFs will be available in November. Fingers crossed.

13. Anicarn

Character Biography:
    Bio
    The PDF is out!

14. PancanBoy

Wow! It looks like I miss the kickstarter. Would someone be willing to share the pdf with me?