Staff Kick-starter project for Expanse RPG open

Discussion in 'Widebeam Messages' started by Raziel, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Raziel

Ian and HSAR like this.
  2. HSAR

Since the quickstart PDF they've uploaded doesn't include character creation rules, it's uncertain how this is much different to a generic science-fiction Modern AGE system. The written adventure towards the back certainly looks promising, but a good RPG doesn't rely on its content to draw. Inconclusive on how it'll be.

3. Solaris

Solaris McClane

Character Biography:
    Bio
    This is so cool. I am still excited and glad they got so much funding in such a little time! Screaming Firehawks front and center xD

4. Antumbralite

Sign me up! I made a post about this earlier in the year, so if we get enough interest, I'd love to join a regular group.

Solaris likes this.
  5. Solaris

Solaris McClane

Character Biography:
    Bio
    I totally donated! I am hoping that perhaps they come out with more of the signed copies :D

6. Tetrarch

Dherra t'would be rude not to. Time to check the bank account.

7. Antumbralite

Are there any groups forming for this? I would still love to join or host one. According to the Kickstarter page, the PDFs of the core book are expected to release next month.

Danger likes this.
  8. Devram Reyes

@Antumbralite

We'll definitely host some games when it's out using discord!

9. Scythen

Discord:
    Scythen#8777
    I played the demo at GenCon this summer, and was able to ask some questions at the Q&A with Green Ronin, Ty & Daniel.

First of all, the book will be about 50% rules and 50% setting. The rules themselves are fairly lightweight, and the skills are fairly broad. If you are into GNS Theory... it is well suited to a narrativist type of game. I can't speak to character generation itself, because the demo I played with had pre-generated characters.

Personally, I am more of a simulationist, but to each their own.

Anyways... if someone starts up a game and is looking for a player... count me in.

If there are people who are looking for a game to join... let me know. I have the skeleton outline of an Expanse campaign already laid out.

HSAR and Raziel like this.
  10. Raziel

@Scythen

Hit me up on discord some time about the RPG :)

HSAR likes this.
  11. HSAR

Nice one. Don't get me wrong, I'm totally committed - I have a backer order down for physical copies. Glad to hear that your experience was positive, though! I'm a narrative type myself, but I'm sure we can work out a happy middle ground :D

12. Tetrarch

I backed it when I had cash so looking forward to reading the rules.

HSAR likes this.
  13. Thompson Jacob

Thompson Jacob Star Helix Senior Detective

I would be interested but i didnt know about it when it was kickstarted sadly

14. Ian

Ian

If you put something together over discord, let me know. I'd love to play. I am pretty well versed in Tabletop RPG's; I play D&D every Friday night and have been playing for about 10 years now.

15. Raziel

Yeah we're hoping the game will drop soon!