SPACE First Excursion

Discussion in 'Private Roleplay' started by Damian Slavko, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Henry Noam

Henry Noam XO/Pilot of The Kanyari

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Henry gave the disappointed Mack a pat on the shoulder and hurried up to the bridge.

“Who is it?” asked Damian.
    “Looks like a freighter, but moving like a pirate,” said Henry as he sat in his couch. “Moving like me.”
    “Pashang fong, to na gonya ge nating,” cursed Damian. “Half a g.”
    “Belay,” said Henry. “You want them to know we see them?”
    “I'd rather them not get any closer. Half a g.”
    Pochuye,” said Henry. He pushed some controls and the thrust increased, but then a number rose on his HUD.
    “They're speeding up too.”
    “Felota! Full G, I guess,” said Damian, resigned. Henry punched it in, but the vessel still followed.
    “If dem Beltalowda, dey hurting as much as we are,” said Malik. “You think its Inya?”
    “Too early to tell,” said Henry. “But I really dont want to burn any harder than this. We did just eat.”
    Damian turned to Mack.
    “Send them a ping. I doubt they wanya talk, but let's vedi.”
    “Line's open.”
    Damian looked at the camera atop his monitor, and began his message.

“This is Captain Damian Slavko of the NPS Kanyari. End your pursuit. We just want to talk.”

Afza Mirev, Her Manus and Rachel Lei like this.
  2. Rachel Lei

Rachel Lei Free Agent of Providentia

Character Biography:
    Bio
    "Mi no think they want to talk Cap" Rachel said after the transmission ended.

"I doubt they'll reply, just try and intercept. But now they know we are aware."

She tried not to sound sarcastic, even though the Captain had done nothing to change the situation except put a bit more stress on their bodies.

Rachel watched them through the gunner's scopes. The vessel was accelerating, its silhouette now visible in front of the telltale blue glow of a drive plume.

"Permission to fire a warning shot?"

Afza Mirev and Her Manus like this.
  3. Damian Slavko

Damian Slavko Captain of The Kanyari

Character Biography:
    Bio
    “Yeah, I was hoping they wouldn't,” said Damian with a malicious grin. “What do you think, Henry?”

“I mean, we did give them a chance to run, and now they know we see them.”

“My thoughts exactly. Time to see what this old girl has got. Guns away.”

Afza Mirev likes this.
  4. Rachel Lei

Character Biography:
    Bio
    The moment the Captain gave the order a deep bassy tone echoed through the ship, accompanied by the deck lights shifting from their standard neutral/white to yellow. "Combat protocols enabled..." spoke a disembodied voice with a slightly Russian accent, seemingly from all around them. Rachel and Henrys crash couches suddenly became surrounded in a constellation of holographic displays showing trajectories, targetting angles and potential attack vectors. "Bring her about pilot!" Rachel half shouted as the engines of the ship roared with fury.

The crew were sucked into the crash couches, the soft gel of the devices bulging out over their bodies, protecting them from the worst of the vibrations. The corvettes retro thrusters fired for several seconds at the vessel flipped over in a lazy loop, bringing its dorsal weapons to bear. "Firing solutions locked on, I can put one right through their pashang bridge if we want!" Rachel shouted. On the outside of the ship, two Kess-Hashari Point Defence Cannons flipped out of their hidden emplacements on the engineering pods, training themselves on the pirate vessel. Simultaneously the dorsal gauss cannon revealed itself just behind the bridge with a loud pneumatic whine, two semi-circular bay doors retracting out of its way.

The PDC's barked, their muzzle flashes strobing the bridge in yellow light, sending several hundred rounds to either side of the pirate vessel. The distances between the two ships was being closed rapidly, and soon their paths would intercept. Suddenly two markers erupted from the hostile vessel, accompanied by a shrill alarm that filled the bridge. "Two fast movers coming in! Targeting with PDCs!"

#24 Rachel Lei, Jan 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    Afza Mirev likes this.
  5. Henry Noam

Character Biography:
    Bio
    The shadows shifted and the bridge was filled with a yellow glow. Panes of light appeared around him with arcing lines and rising numbers. Henry heard a low pitch moan resound through the ship and Lei yell, “Bring her about!”
    He pulled back on both sticks and felt the gravity of a few earths bend his bones as he flipped the ship about to face their enemy, and the viscous material of his crash couch bulged around him. On one of his holographic displays was Malik with his eyes closed tightly. Lei announced that she had a target lock, so he killed the retro thrusters and put them on an intercept course.
    Chewing his lip, he watched his displays as Lei fired the PDCs and the pirate vessel released two torpedoes. Lei fired again and they burst into a brilliant blue sphere halfway between the two ships.
    “Nice shot!” shouted Mack.
    “Now let's test out that big gun,” said the captain. “Do you think we should put one through her bridge and go ‘salvaging?’ Or should we put one through her drive, and decho the damn thing?” The distance was closing between the ships, so everyone spoke quickly.
    “Decho,” said Henry. “Then haul ass to Jupiter.”
    “Ya,” said Mack. “I wanya gif dat tatuyingi.”
    “Aw come on, I just got a new gun,” said Malik.
    “Two on two. Okay, what about you two?”
    Damian looked urgently at Rachel and the doctor.

6. Rachel Lei

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Rachel looked through the glowing interfaces that hoveres between her and the Captain, her finger resting on the trigger. “Decho. We got everyting we need right here.”

The Captain nodded for a moment before giving the hand gesture to proceed. Rachel was swallowed in a nebula of targeting holographic for a moment as the AI assisted her with calculating the shot. “Coils charged,” she announced as the lights on the bridge dimmed slightly before a high pitched whine pierced the ship followed by a sound like a thunderclap.

Outside, the vessel approaching them seemed to crumple in on itself for a moment as the tungsten slug just launched from the Kanyari impacted its hull before shattering. Thousands of shards of hypersonic metal pierced its reactor containment bottle and a moment later the would be pirate ship was replaced with a steadily expanding cloud of superheated plasma. Rachel’s eyes were wide as she released the trigger, the holographic slowly sinking down into the deck. “Wow...”

Afza Mirev likes this.
  7. Damian Slavko

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Images of an explosion came from Damians display.
    “Pashang ya,” he muttered. No one heard. Mack looked on in wonder while Malik looked bored. An ambiguous but intense look was on Afza's face, and Henry chewed his lip. Damian simply waited as Henry flipped the ship back around towards Jupiter. A malicious sort of pride welled up in his chest. He felt invincible.
    “Is there anyone else?” he asked, half-hoping that there would be.
    “Na, sensor show nating,” said Mack. “Just us out xiya.”
    “Well...good then,” he replied. “Henry, put us at a whole G for a while. I want distance between us and the wreck. Lei, nice shot. Let me pour you a drink."

♤♡◇♧

Later that night, the adrenaline had worn off. Damian found himself thinking less about the brilliant blue burst of the drive exploding, and more about the faceless humans he had just dispatched. What if they were Belters, he thought. What if it was Pа?
    No matter what he did, he couldn't push the thought from his mind. He woke up and the ship was quiet except for the ubiquitous hum and occasional creak. He made his way to the bridge, stopping by the galley for a bulb of coffee. Once he reached his crash couch, he pulled up a holographic display and sent a message:

“Oyé Pampa, im mi, Démiyang. Bera wanya to fo sasa, mi unte Xényeri ando kom fo Kasi Deya. Gonya gut fo vedi to, keyá? Oyedeng.”

Afza Mirev and Her Manus like this.
  8. Rachel Lei

Character Biography:
    Bio
    A short while later Rachel sat in the galley. Damien pulled two bulbs out from a cupboard and a bottle of liquor. "Mi don't drink much any more Cap," said Rachel as he passed her a class before tilting his head at her. Confused she looked down to see her hands trembling. "What de hell...?" She lifted her hand up in front of her, "Ahh Core did you...give me some of de juice earlier?"

The disembodied voice echoed around them, this some with a \vague belter accent and a lighter tone. "You were given several microdoses to improve your reaction and reflex speed during the engagement. These culminated in six effective doses." Both Damien and Rachel stared at each other their eyebrows raised before she held out her bulb to Damien who filled it halfway. After they clinked their bulbs Rachel downed it in one gulp before holding out her hand for another.

---

Rachel was asleep on the galley's bench, her face buried in the bend of her elbow when Malik entered and began preparing some food, followed by Mack and Henry. "Partied a bit too hard eh gunner?" She heard Mack say. Without even looking up she gave him a belter hand gesture which was the equivalent of "fuck off". She peeked above her arm and squinted out at the bright LEDs before sitting up slowly. She raised her hand up and held it in front of her and saw that its shaking has been replaced with double-vision. "De Captain gave me someting to calm my nerves after the ship juiced me up without telling me..." She mumbled before Malik slid a bowl of kibble over to her. "Taki taki," she mumbled again before attacking the bowl's contents.

Looking through the small viewport embedded in the galley wall, Rachel could see the distant sphere of Jupiter, now about the size of Luna as seen from Earth. She had mixed feelings about returning to the system for the third time in as many weeks, it seemed to be the primary battleground of the inners war. Still, she was amazed a belter station, let alone an OPA station, could operate out there without being taken over, with that being said the Black Sky Collective were no pushovers. They probably had rocks just waiting to be thrown as inner ships if they got too close. Hopefully, the Kanyari wouldn't suffer a similar fate.

#28 Rachel Lei, Jan 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
    Her Manus and Afza Mirev like this.
  9. Afza Mirev

Afza Mirev Doctor on the NPS Kanyari

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Afza skipped breakfast the next morning; she wasn’t hungry. She took the bulb of coffee Malik had set at her place at the galley table and went into the medbay, closing the door behind her.
    Her dream from the night before replayed in her head as she tried to take inventory of the ship’s medical supplies.

The ship that was after them exploded into brown and blue goo. A disfigured Belter flew past the glass cockpit where she stood alone; examining it, she’d realized it was Pasha.

She shook her head and sat on the medical bed facing the auto-doc.
    “I’ve lost my edge, keya? I’ve made life and death decisions before. I don’t know why I froze up yesterday.”
    It wasn’t a life or death decision, she thought. It was kill or be killed. A smaller voice in her head added or kill and steal.
    To her surprise, the auto-doc lit up at her words. The familiar voice of the AI then came, sounding a bit nicer and a bit more like a Belter now.
    “You are not presently in need of medical assistance,” it said.
    Afza sighed and stood to continue her work when the medbay door opened. She turned to see Henry.
    “Oyé, kowlting gut, ke? You’ve been in a big hurry it seems since yesterday,” he said in what sounded like a conciliatory tone.
    “I’m fine,” she said. “I wanted to inventory the medbay and check out the auto-doc’s capabilities. Just working.”
    He raised his eyebrows and continued.
    “Malik is making lunch soon. I’ll come get you when the food is ready,” he said. He waited for her to answer in the affirmative then smiled at her as he walked away, shutting the door behind himself.

Rachel Lei and Her Manus like this.
  10. Malik Shah

Malik Shah Cook/ Security on The Kanyari

Character Biography:
    Bio
    “The Doc seems a little in her head today,” said Henry to Malik as the latter cleaned his pistol.
    “Keradzhang? Yesterday?”
    “I guess. Look, I'm not good at that kind of thing, but could you go talk to her?”
    The big man sighed and began putting his gun back together. He got up and walked past Henry, who turned for the bridge. As he made his way to the med bay, he passed Mack.
    “Oyé, kepelésh to go?” he asked.
    “Med bay. Doc has the blues, wanya go cheer her up?”
    “Sure, I just heard a good one on the feed: How do you know an Inner has been away from port for too long? He goes outside to shit!”
    The two men laughed together as they approached the med bay door.
    “Oyé, we here fo bother you,” said Mack. “What you got going?”
    “Busy,” she said without looking up.
    “Ya, ya, kowmang busy,” said Malik, waving away her objection. “Take a break, have a smoke with us.”
    “I don't smoke.”
    “Not even xashish?” asked Mack incredulously. “Its medicine.”
    “Well,” she said, looking around. “I guess I could use a pick me up.”
    Xélixup!” said Malik, pulling out a joint and lighting it. The doctor took it awkwardly, took a small puff, and began coughing. Mack and Malik laughed, and she started laughing too.
    “I grew it myself,” Malik beamed.
    “When?” asked Afza, laughing.
    They smoked and laughed for a while.
    “You know,” said Mack. “Space is a scary place. You can't let it get to you.”
    “Yeah,” Malik agreed. “Station Belters like you and me think Sirish is rough, but out here the rules...well, there are no rules. You just have to survive.”
    “I know,” said the doctor. “I just keep thinking of Pasha. He was there, laughing, talking, one second and the next…”
    “Da setara im mogut nawit milowda.”
    “Im da sheng…”

♤♡◇♧​

Malik watched as Mack readied the tattoo machine and showed Afza the design. She approved it with a nod and a curt smile.
    “This might sting.”
    “I'm ready.”
    He lifted her chin with his hand and held the machine about eight inches away. When he flicked on the beam, the pigment in her skin began to darken. He ran the device around her neck until the tattoo was finished.
    “Gúfovedi,” Malik said.
    "She she taki taki," Mack replied.

Rachel Lei and Afza Mirev like this.
  11. Damian Slavko

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Damian laid in his bunk staring at the ceiling. A whole day at full g had taken its toll, and he needed rest. He brought his cigarette to his lips and inhaled slowly. Watching the smoke rise and bounce off the ceiling, he allowed his mind to wander.

He was back on Ceres with his brother, Aleksandr. They called him Sasha.
    “Hurry, Demi, they'll catch you!” he shouted, laughing, while he outpaced Damian. They had just shoplifted some sweets from a stand, and were on the run.
    “Waperu! To tufash!” called Damian after him, out of breath.
    Sasha rounded a corner and Damian slipped and fell.
    “Got you now, koyo mali,” grunted an old man as he grabbed him by the collar and turned him around. “Let's go see what Star Helix has fo say, keya?”
    The old man dragged him for a few feet before Sasha reappeared in front of them.
    “What do you want, Slavko?” asked the old man with a growl.
    “That's my brother,” Sasha grinned.
    The old man released Damian's collar immediately.
    “I...I didn't know it was you. I only saw the little one, and I don't know him. I'm sorry, really.”
    “Pashang fong, pampa,” hissed Sasha. “Get lost.”
    The old man looked around for a second at the people watching then ducked down an alley.
    “Why didn't he get us in trouble?” Damian asked, as they turned and walked towards their home.
    “Because of who we are,” Sasha replied, beaming. “Who our father is. You'll understand one day.”

Damian awoke suddenly to find that he had missed lunch.

#31 Damian Slavko, Jan 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    Rachel Lei and Afza Mirev like this.
  12. Rachel Lei

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Up on the bridge, Rachel was curled up in her crash couch; a terminal tucked in between her crossed legs. She had spent much of the morning drifting in and out of sleep checking on system diagnostics. From what the ship was telling her, the reactor was performing admirably as were the twin drives. The experimental nature of the design meant that even when they were casually cruising through space, a significant portion of the AIs processing power focussed on keeping everything performing nominally, even then Rachel liked the keep an eye on things.

She tapped on the engineering camera feeds, flicking between a view of the reactor, which pulsed with a vague blue glow of Cherenkov radiation, then to the magnetic plasma conduits which guided the raw power from the reactor towards the drives. She watched in awe as barely contained raw energy flowed through them like water down a surging river, its piercing white/blue glow making her squint a little even on the terminal's display.

She flicked to the cargo bay feed, where everything was where she left it, though she did notice the lid of the coffee crate had not been replaced. Better stow that before we cut thrust or we'll be picking beans out of the deck plates for the next few years...She thought to herself, "Core...remind me to secure that cargo container in the bridge before náterash," she said while yawning and stretching. The core responded with an acknowledging tone from the rear of the bridge.

With a swipe across the terminal's screen she flicked to another feed showing the med bay, where, through what looked like a haze of blueish smoke, Mirev was receiving a tattoo on her neck. Rachel chuckled to herself for a moment before checking the rest of the feeds. Nothing unusual, even outside things were boring as ever. She debris cloud from the Kanyari's would be attackers had disappeared over the space of several hundred kilometres and would no longer be a threat.

After a few minutes, she climbed to her feet, exerting herself more than usual due to the full 1G they had been flying at for several a while now. With loud clomps from her mag-boots on the deck, she descended the stairs from the bridge to the corridor and then down the ladder than ran the length of the crew habitat. She stopped at the med bay and poked her head in, taking a sniff of the blue haze int he room and grinning. "Oye beratnas and serata, just letting milowda know, flip unte burn in twenty minutes, sasa ke?"

She relaxed her grip on the ladder and slid down another level to the crew quarters where she stepped onto the deck and walked over to Damien's quarters, the door slightly ajar. "Oye Cap," she said, knocking lightly, then pushing the door open to see Damien looking at her from his crash couch come bed, "flip unte burn in twenty, sasa ke? Make sure you get strapped in," she said with a wink. She was about to turn and leave before she stopped and looked back at the man, "You okay kopeng? To covered in sweat."

Afza Mirev likes this.
  13. Damian Slavko

Character Biography:
    Bio
    “Ya,” grunted Damian as sweat poured down from his nose. “Just a little gravity sick. Na gonya like da burn xiya.”
    “Mebi go ask Doc for someting?”
    “Ya, mebi.” He rolled out of his crash couch and made a clunk with his magboots as they hit the floor. He groaned.
    “Na mebi, fosho. Go see Doc. Kapawu needs a bosmang.”
    “Mi gut, foriya--”
    “Go."
    Damian sighed. He knew she was right, and wasn't about to use his authority just to keep hurting.
    “Oké. Amash na because you told me too,” he laughed painfully. Lei turned about and headed off, while Damian exited his bunk and headed for the med bay.
    “Dooooooc,” he moaned as he tapped the bulkhead. The door hissed open.
    “Can I help you?” said Afza.
    “You got any painkillers? This burn is pashang killing me.”
    “Of course,” she said, and grabbed a white bottle out of a drawer. She popped two pills into her hand and held it out.
    “Beve walowda walowda owkwa wit im,” she said. He nodded, took the pills in his hand, and headed for the galley. Once he reached it, he grabbed a bulb of water and downed the pills. He felt a little better immediately, but that was probably in his head.
    “Flip in teng minyi!” he heard Henry and Rachel call together.
    “Koming!” he responded.
    He dragged himself up from the galley to the bridge via the ladder and sat himself lazily in his crash couch. Strapping in, he turned to Henry.
    “Please be gentle. I've got one sabaka of a headache.”
    “Gotcha, boss,” said Henry.
    “Acknowledged,” said the AI. Damian wondered what that could mean.

Damian felt the pain across his body leave him as Henry cut thrust.
    Taki fo got,” he muttered, but it didn't last long before the flip had his crash couch perpendicular and his teeth set on edge. A needle pierced his neck and flooded his system with the juice, making him let out a pitiful “d'oh!” He felt the forces acting on him as the ship flipped about and finally reached its bearing.
    “Gútegow,” said Henry, and punched the controls. His own weight crushed Damian as Henry put them on a high-g deceleration burn. Luckily, Kasi Deya was a fast moving satellite, so they wouldn't have to shed all their speed. Just enough that they wouldn't slam into the docks like a railgun round, and just enough to make Damian wish he was dead.
    “I wish I was dead,” he said.

14. Rachel Lei

Character Biography:
    Bio
    The world once again shook like the gods themselves had grabbed onto the Kanyari and were throwing it around like a toy. Rachels body felt like it weighed a thousand pounds, every breath an effort. Out of the corner of her eye she could see the Captain looking miserable and mumbling something to himself.

Rachel tried to laugh but it just came out as a sharp cough which made her ribs hurt. After a moment an alert appeared on her terminal from the AI: Captain Slavko has been identified as a potential suicide risk, authorise euphorics dose?

Euphorics? What the fuck? Rachel tried to read the fine print but through the vibrations, she just couldn't make it out. With a shrug, she hit the authorisation button and looked over at the Captain just in time to see another dose of juice hit him.

Afza Mirev likes this.
  15. Damian Slavko

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Damian's eyes almost closed and his breathing began to slow.
    “H-Hey…” he slurred, “I was just kidding, but, thanks anyway.” The AI seemed to chirp in reply.
    “Aw, why does he get some and I don't?” said Malik.

The ship continued to shake all around him as the Kanyari shed its velocity. The straps of the couch weighed twice as much and pulled Damian further in like a giant squid feeding. He curled his toes so they wouldn't break under their own weight and struggled to breathe against the gravity. And he was having the greatest time doing it, too.
    “If its like this every time, I might actually start to like hard burns,” he said.
    “See? You've learned my secret,” said Mack. Afza rolled her eyes.

Afza Mirev, Her Manus and Rachel Lei like this.
  16. Rachel Lei

Character Biography:
    Bio
    "We're coming up to the station now, twenty-five hundred metres out," Rachel announced, winking at Henry who guided the corvette in. "I hope they won't mind me giving their station a bit of a scan..." On the displays at the front of the bridge, LADAR scans lit the station up, moving over its surface searching for any potential threats. Several jerry-rigged weapon systems were detected but nothing that seemed to alarm either Rachel or the AI. "Oye Cap, you feeling better?" She asked, looking back at the man, who grinned back with heavy-lidded eyes before giving two thumbs up.

"Christ, alright...uh..can't let your pampaw see you in this state he'll throw you out de airlock..." She tapped on her terminal for another few seconds and the Captain jolted as a micro-dose of juice was dumped into his system. His eyes shot open and hands grabbed the armrests, Rachel looked back and nodded, satisfied, "better."

"Naterash in three...two...one..." Henry counted down, before cutting the drive. Out the glass canopy of the bridge, they could see the station steadily approaching. "Dis...is one ugly ass station Cap, even worse den New Providence," Rachel said as she unbuckled from her couch and floated up to the window a few metres above them, gazing out at the mass of scaffolding, spin habitats, domes and antennae. Much like New Providence, it seemed like that station had been added onto as time went on, however, a large, metal dome seemed to dominate the structure, with spindly docking arms spreading out from its midsection. Small puffs of reaction mass flew pass the windows as Henry guided the ship closer and closer until they were right up alongside it.

Rachel spun around the pushed back to her crash couch where she flipped a switch and grabbed hold of the joystick on the armrest, "extending umbilicus in three...two...one..." She hit a button on the terminal and a cylindrical docking tube extended out from the Kanyari towards one of the stations airlocks. "Cutting thrust in three...two...one" Henry called out, and with a slight wobble and a metallic thunk that echoed through the vessel, they connected to the station.

"Welcome to Kasi Deya Outpost," said the Captain. Rachel pulled out her hand cannon from its holster on her thigh and flipped the safety off before looking back at the man, "lead de way Cap."

Her Manus likes this.
  17. Damian Slavko

Character Biography:
    Bio
    When Henry cut thrust, Damian almost whooped with joy. The past couple days at 1g gat really wiped him, and he just wanted to get off the Kanyari and find a drink as soon as possible.
    “Welcome to Kasi Deya Outpost,” he said.
    “Lead de way, Cap,” said Lei.
    “First things first, I need a drink. I know a great place called ‘Shãsa’ we can go. Longbone ladies and Ganymede whiskey for days. We might just find your goons there too, Lei.”
    “Shãsa? Isn't that where you broke that Inner's collarbone?”
    “Ya. Great place, keya? Mi gonya grab a gun. Tolowda should oso.”

They exited the Kanyari to a group of three men floating there, a small one flanked by two large ones.
    “Docking fee,” they said. Obviously this wasn't their first shakedown of the day, since they had grown tired of giving their whole presentation.
    “To na gonya ge nating,” said Malik with a vicious smile.
    “Relax, big mang, I got dis. Damian Slavko, at your service.”
    The two men looked at each other and laughed.
    “Yeah right. Like we never heard that one befo-”
    “Look closer.”
    The two men stopped laughing and studied Damians face. When they noticed the tattoo below his eye, their expressions went grim.
    “Oxo, bosmang, milowda du sensa. Milowda na sasa. Fodagut,”
    “Just get the pashang out of here. Go tell pampa I made it.”
    The two men absconded quickly. The crew looked at Damian with wide eyes, except for Henry, who shook his head. Damian summoned a cart for them and they headed for the nightclub.

Bright green lights and heavy latin music flooded into the streets around them and grew more intense as they approached.
    “Mr. Slavko,” the bouncer nodded as they walked in the door. Long-bodied Belter women danced on stages that ran the length of the club. Smoky patrons threw casino chips at them. Damian moved toward the bar and floated next to it.
    “Vodka,” he said.

Rachel Lei likes this.
  18. Rachel Lei

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Rachel had been on zero-g stations in the past but Kasi Deya was something else. Station reminded her of New Providence before they started spinning sections of it up. The "streets" were cramped corridors lined with vendors, selling various good sealed in packaging so they would not drift away, even cooking food in the same peculiar zero-g kitchens that Malik used. She saw children scurry along the edges of the corridor, leaping from handhold to handhold like monkeys, her as she floated along with the rest of the crew.

It was alarming seeing children so young yet so tall, their bodies spread out in the total absence of gravity. She wondered if they suffered many bone breaks, or if they managed to get decent medication out here. The people who lived here looks healthy enough, not great, but not awful either. As they rounded a corner the sounds and smells of the nightclub became apparent, and one by one the crew pushed off after the Captain who drifted through the clubs entrance without any trouble from the security.

Inside, lasers, lights and music assaulted her senses. Belter women danced through the zero-g, bartenders mixed cocktails before pouring them into vacuum bulbs and sending them spinning across the bar at customers. Rachel came up next to Damien as he ordered and held up two fingers; "make dat two," she said, the bartender nodding and fetching two bulbs off the top of the bar before filling them with vodka and sending them sailing over. "Dis place is here because of your pampaw?" Damien nodded as they clinked the blubs and took a sip. "Surprised he managed to make dis work, you know," she looked sideways at the Captain, "considering his history."

Her Manus likes this.
  19. Afza Mirev

Afza Mirev Doctor on the NPS Kanyari

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Afza giggled as Mack applied the tattoo to her neck.
    “I was just kidding about it stinging, amash most do na laugh when mi du these,” Mack said, his focused eyes slightly darkened as he tried to keep the lines he was making straight. “Quit moving or to na gonya like it.”
    Afza sat upright, holding back another laugh as Mack continued.
    The medbay door opened and Rachel appeared, a bemused half-grin across her face.
    “Oye beratnas and serata, just letting milowda know, flip unte burn in twenty minutes, sasa ke?"
    Afza attempted a straight face as she nodded at the gunner but quickly broke into laughter again as Rachel left to warn the rest of the crew of their impending nausea.
    “Dooooooc,” they heard their captain whine a few minutes later as Mack made the finishing touches on her tattoo.
    “You got any painkillers? This burn is pashang killing me.”
    Afza gave him the pain killers, reminding him to take them with plenty of water. She left for the bridge with Mack and Malik after, running her finger along her neck, not realizing she was pantomiming cutting her crewmates’ necks.

Once they flipped, the day was a haze of nausea and medical alerts on the terminal that hung above her crash couch.
    Afza monitored the drug levels in everyone’s system through the rest of the trip. She noticed the captain’s drug levels changing sporadically a few times — first euphorics in his blood, then a high dose of the juice.
    Strange, she thought. It then hit her that the AI was drugging her crew mates. She made a mental note to find out what it’s medical credentials were.

Afza had never been more ready to leave a ship than she was when the Kanyari arrived at Kasi Deya.
    Damian and Rachel headed immediately for a bar that Damian knew, but Malik stopped her before she could follow.
    “Mi sasa a place to may like more,” he said. “Follow us.” He and Mack had clearly been there before.
    Afza was surprised to realize the station was without gravity. Must make some business hard to do here, she thought, imagining illicit containers of the juice escaping their packaging and floating throughout the station. She laughed at the thought of a station full of pirates swimming through the air for them.
    She fell behind the two men as they walked, distracted by her musings and the floating children she had to dodge.
    They must have it rough, she thought, remembering her own Belter biology and some of the health challenges she’d seen on the Medina level on Ceres.
    Afza pushed herself off the ground in an effort to catch up with the guys, not realizing they’d stopped a few feet in front of her. She crashed into Mack who helped her slow herself in front of the door they’d stopped in front of.
    “Milowda think to gonya like dis,” Malik said.
    He opened the door. Behind it, Afza saw what she would call a pharmacy, but what the room’s inhabitants seemed to think was an open bar.
    “Doctors like drugs, keya?” Mack asked, leading the way inside.

Rachel Lei likes this.
  20. Henry Noam

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Henry looked at Lei and shook his head behind Damians back.

“Ya,” said Damian. “That's right. Pampa built dis pelésh fong da ground up kowl by im sif. Unte ya, I assume you're referring to Black Sky, keya? He left that long time ago. Now he runs his own thing.”

Henry chewed his lip.

“Kom wango,” Damian said, engaged his magboots, and walked off to find the bartender and another bulb of vodka.

“What are you doing?” whispered Henry aggressively. Lei gestured him “I got this.”

“Okay, so. Here's the story,” Damian said when he returned. “Pampa worked fo Black Sky since he was a kid. Met my matna deya, and raised us in it. That's me and my brother, Sasha.

“Sasha got blown up in a botched hit on a Martian frigate when I was 10. Made my father crazy. He used my brothers death to gain support for an attack and when it all went pagal he fled back here. Built dis place up from an abandoned outpost to a thriving little community just for Belters. I'm proud, fo showxa da sheng, and mi dont care what namang pensa.”

He downed his bulb of vodka. Henry finally ordered a whiskey.

“So…” He tried to change the subject. “See those Inya you were looking for?”