Expanse Gardens 2018

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Delila Castillon, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Delila Castillon

[​IMG]

Welcome to the 2018 Expanse Gardens thread! After seeing an interest on the Discord, I hit up our fearless leaders to check in on the idea. After much procrastination on my part, I present this thread! A place to share our ideas, trials and tribulations, progress and fruits of our labor.

Solaris and Tetrarch like this.
  2. Tetrarch

Nice one Dells, didn't know you were a gardener. Now that spring finally seems to be arriving I'll make sure to take some photos of the garden and what's being planted.

Solaris and Delila Castillon like this.
  3. Cpt_Buttersworth

Cpt_Buttersworth Moderating the shipping lanes

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Not exactly a garden, but I pulled these out of my garden the other day, a good start!

[​IMG]

Solaris and Delila Castillon like this.
  4. Delila Castillon

@Cpt_Buttersworth - Those are some sweet sweet potatoes. :D

I've planted kale, radish and a half-long carrot in the little bin I use for herbs. We're in the hot one week, freezing the next so I don't want to do too much in the way of planting. Probably will start my tomatoes from seed soon though, probably going to invest in a mat for that. Tilling up a bigger patch of land so I'll be taking pictures of that as well.

Solaris and Cpt_Buttersworth like this.
  5. Solaris

Solaris McClane

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Got another set of seeds I'm starting this weekend indoors. I've had a heck of a time with this widespread frost, so I am waiting a bit more before attempting to clean up the yard and doing transplants.

This year I'm gonna go for the following:

• Basil
    • Thyme
    • Oregano
    • Dill
    • cilantro
    • Habanero
    • cayenne
    • Roma Tomatoes
    • Black Cherokee Tomatoes
    • Tomatillos
    • Potatoes
    • Pumpkin
    • Moon and Stars Watermelon
    • Butternut Squash
    • Cucumbers
    • Bell peppers
    • Poblano Peppers
    • Narstarisums
    • Calendula
    • Sage
    • Kale
    • Spinach

I always have trouble with my vine squash and strawberries, so here is hoping things go well. I'm gonna put down some black gardeners cover to prevent the weeds from drowning stuff around the front of the porch. I checked yesterday morning and my mint, peppermint, spearmint are all growing back nicely. I just gotta weed.

I think my bay leaf bush might have had too much of a cold frost winter :( too many of its leaves are brown now. Next year I might just mulch it around with leaves to keep it a little warmer.

6. Delila Castillon

Solaris and Tetrarch like this.
  7. Solaris

Solaris McClane

Character Biography:
    Bio
    @Delila Castillon

Oh WOW. It looks amazing!

.. now I want one. I love that blue!

How well does it do in the cold though?

Delila Castillon likes this.
  8. Delila Castillon

You should have poked me on Discord! Anyways Clematis does great in the cold. I forgot where I planted a few and even mowed them over and they sprung right back up. It takes a solid year/year and half to establish them though. I've got a red one and its grown maybe....five inches from the root. Next year it should perk up.

Need to add more pictures of the garden. Maybe this weekend.

*Disappears once again...for now*