OOC Deserts of Mars OOC Thread

Discussion in 'Roleplay Discussion' started by Karen Ashoka, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Karen Ashoka

Karen Ashoka Patrolling the Slow Zone

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Hello dusters!

This is the OOC thread for Deserts of Mars, my first "down the well" thread based on the surface of Mars. We will be exploring the planet, its culture, and many landmarks along the way.

Please use this thread to coordinate, discuss potential ideas, and basically anything that is relevant to the thread that can't be said in character.

I will also be periodically updating the Mars map below as new locations are discovered or added, new cities, bases, black ops sites, landmarks, etc. If you would like anything added, please let me know.

To zoom in, right click and select "open in new window/tab".
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#1 Karen Ashoka, Feb 15, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    Solaris and Tetrarch like this.
  2. Karen Ashoka

Character Biography:
    Bio
    @Haiki Haruro I added "First Landing" to the map per your post, made it the site of the Ares 1 mission.

Solaris likes this.
  3. Karen Ashoka

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Solaris likes this.
  4. Neamheaglach

Discord:
    Demoncrat
    Well, I don't see too much of a reason for Harland to be out at Eagle Base. He'd most likely be back at Nova Londres. How can we get him looped in?

5. Karen Ashoka

Character Biography:
    Bio
    So I'm going to update the map over the week with more bases, but my character is currently flying patrols out of MCRB Persephone, to the west of Nova Londres. Looking at your character's bio, they seem pretty well connected so perhaps doing some sort of tour of the base?

Or my last post outlines a source of potential tension in the MCR due to repeated nomad incursions on remote bases & outposts. Perhaps they could be at Persephone because of this?

6. Neamheaglach

Discord:
    Demoncrat
    Ya, makes a lot more sense for him to be at Persephone. Either a tour of the base, Nova Londres, and/or the nomad incursion could work.

Karen Ashoka likes this.
  7. Karen Ashoka

Character Biography:
    Bio
    The incursions are happening much further from settled territory, so it could be related to them, but they definitely wouldn't be attacking somewhere as developed and heavily defended as Persephone, Nova Londres etc, but doing a tour and/or meeting pilots & patrol teams could give a reason for our characters to potentially cross paths. Maybe even a ride/fly-along?

8. Neamheaglach

Discord:
    Demoncrat
    Hmm. I could either throw you a SIGINT tip while you're out, or fly out to meet you and investigate it?

9. Karen Ashoka

Character Biography:
    Bio
  10. Neamheaglach

Discord:
    Demoncrat
    Signals Intelligence. Intelligence collection of anything electronic in nature.

Cpt_Buttersworth likes this.
  11. Haiki Haruro

I am planning to drop Haiki onto the surface on a remote engineering or terraforming station, some place which they can use to load and unload contraband without raising suspicion. I was initially thinking about something close to the polar caps but if she needs to be closer to Persephone what about the northern part of Kasei Vallis (west of the Ares 3 landing site)? Any suggestions?
    By the way, I really like the map, looking forward to exploring the surface with you guys

12. Mai Shen

I'll drop in today!

13. Karen Ashoka

Character Biography:
    Bio
    @Mai Shen perfect!

@Haiki Haruro no need to be physically close to persephone if you dont want, Karen flies across huge swathes of the land so anywhere works. Hell you could even integrate @Neamheaglach 's SIGINT with your character's smuggling operation into some sort of 'Hey we found smugglers, go check this signal out" kind of situation.

Solaris and Diarmuid O'Sullivan like this.
  14. Neamheaglach

Discord:
    Demoncrat
    So, @Haiki Haruro, are you an undercover Martian military person on a smuggling op or you actually a smuggler? Was hard to tell from your post.

Tetrarch likes this.
  15. Haiki Haruro

@Neamheaglach The character is actually a smuggler, no connections to the MCRN at this point. Feel free to provide SIGINT about the operation going on in Kasei Valles, I have a strong feeling that things are bound to go sideways there anyway pretty soon

Tetrarch likes this.
  16. Karen Ashoka

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Hi everyone, sorry for being quiet I've been away from civilisation for the last few days. Will get on it tonight.

17. Neamheaglach

Discord:
    Demoncrat
    And I've been consumed by end of school quarter shtuff. Behind on a couple projects so I've been focused on that.

18. Karen Ashoka

Character Biography:
    Bio
    No stress, chances are things will have moved on a little when you're back and we can integrate you into the story nicely. Talk soon!

19. Karen Ashoka

Character Biography:
    Bio
    @Haiki Haruro I'm gonna be giving your character a bit of a fright on the next day's patrol ;)

@Rajendra Vaikar where is your soldier patrolling?

Rajendra Vaikar likes this.