1. Wild Frontier

The Wild Frontier has opened. Stake your claim as we enter Chapter 5 and a new era for the Expanse RP!

Dismiss Notice

CERES Between an asteroid and the hard space

Discussion in 'Private Roleplay' started by Lukas Forgrave, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Lukas Forgrave

Lukas Forgrave Scourge of the Water Pipes

Character Biography:
    Bio
    "Well..." He looked down at her, recovering from the spin somewhat gracefully with all things considered. With the markings of Ceres, Londres Nova, and all the other various tattoos that were pressed into his chest, it was surprising things weren't a bit more messed up. He agreed, though, that it was fortunate the doctors put her back together properly.

"I am well known for my prudence and avoidance of danger. Some would even consider me cautious." He had the three slashes across his abdomen from a broken beer bottle, the cuts across his chest at the left armpit, the three bullet holes beneath Sarah's Line, the scar above his hip that seemed to perfectly fit the shape of a rebar pipe.

He was essentially in perfect shape, no wear and tear to speak of.

"You sure all of your tattoos line up properly?" His eyebrow raised ever so slightly, jokingly challenging that assumption, as she went about cleaning the wound.

Levi Jones likes this.
  2. Levi Jones

Levi Jones Wikibreaker

Character Biography:
    Bio
    "The ones I can see do."

Wasn't it weird that she could feel his eyebrow raise without even seeing it. Like she knew.

"I like to assume they were consistent as well as precise."

Cold spray round two.

3. Lukas Forgrave

Character Biography:
    Bio
    "Mhm..." He uttered with a smirk, not really sure what to do with his hands. "What about the ones you can't see?" The sterile home felt a lot less empty with her back in it, even if it was just for the time being. Something about the sound of recyclers or the air units kicking on, with one more body to resonate against.

Made it feel like it was closer to a home. Even if a gunshot wound had to be involved.

"Going to be honest here..." He narrowed his eyes as she sprayed the fluid again. "Not a fan of that thing."

Levi Jones likes this.
  4. Levi Jones

Levi Jones Wikibreaker

Character Biography:
    Bio
    A smirk formed beneath her furrowed brow, "Well I've never really look at them them, do I?"

She didn't make much effort to see her ink in the mirror - that wasn't quite the point of them.

"Doesn't matter much for them, I suppose," Levi glanced up, brown eyes narrowing with a new surge of intrigue, "what...this thing?"

Tsst.

Sprayed his chest.

No, that wasn't intrigue, that was mischief.

Lukas Forgrave likes this.
  5. Lukas Forgrave

Character Biography:
    Bio
    His expression moved somewhere between feigned irritation and playfulness. "Can't imagine what else I would be referring to..." He could think of precious few things that she did or had where he wasn't a fan.

He was a big Levi fan.

Just not a fan of the spray bottle. Running a finger down his chest where she had sprayed, far removed from the wound, he chewed on his cheek.

"Not sure such a liberal application of this stuff was part of the post-surgical treatment..." He tried his best, all sneaky like, to snatch the spray bottle out of her hand.

Levi Jones likes this.
  6. Levi Jones

Levi Jones Wikibreaker

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Not quite quick enough. It was behind her back, smirk broadening.

"Well, I've never really been very good at following directions from Doctors."

Swapped to the other hand - tsst - sprayed again.

7. Lukas Forgrave

Character Biography:
    Bio
    No one ever credited him for being fast. Retracting his hand ever so slightly, making no effort to block the spray, he curled his fingers around the seat of her chair.

Leaning forward, his other hand moved around her slowly, looking for that stupid spray bottle.

"Doctor said no strenuous physical activity either..." In breathing range now, he gave her deep brown eyes a long stare.

He could almost feel the spray bottle in his hand.

Levi Jones likes this.
  8. Levi Jones

Levi Jones Wikibreaker

Character Biography:
    Bio
    "Damn, strict orders," Levi smiled into his breath, head canting slightly to one side, deep browns stared straight back, "what'd you do, go and get yourself shot or something?"

9. Lukas Forgrave

Character Biography:
    Bio
    He still couldn't recall much about it, though not much time had passed since it happened. He recalled the child on the train as he awoke from a dream, asking about the flowers.

And the way the lights went out between Brentwood and the Medina...

"Nope..." He shook his his head, pressing his lips against her jaw line. His fingers curled around the spray bottle. "I would never do something like that."

Levi Jones likes this.
  10. Levi Jones

Levi Jones Wikibreaker

Character Biography:
    Bio
    "I see," the smugness crept in, curling the corner's of her lips and pressing into her eyes, "so those are just some new button holes then, yeah?"

"Must be some new Belta fad,"
    a Belta shrug followed, "never could keep up with them myself."

With a chuckle, Levi freely let the spray bottle into his possession because he asked so nicely. Truth of the matter was that she missed his doofy affection - not that she'd ever admit to it. At least not verbally.

11. Lukas Forgrave

Character Biography:
    Bio
    "Yep..." He admitted coyly as he found himself somewhere between her jaw and neckline. "It's all the rage. These...button holes." The spray bottle was firmly in his hand and with a backward swing, the item bounced off the counter-top and spiraled about the interior of the sink before resting on top of the drain.

"Mmm. That's better." No more cold spray.

The topic of the gunshots continued to play on his mind, reminding him that he had nearly been killed on a train. It bothered him enough, not knowing what happened, to consider investigating it. He wondered if there was a code of ethics issue nestled in there, investigating a crime that wasn't reported where he was the victim.

Levi Jones likes this.
  12. Levi Jones

Levi Jones Wikibreaker

Character Biography:
    Bio
    While Lukas let the unknowns bother his thoughts, Levi couldn't help the growing worry of them. Smile failing in the moments where he couldn't see it, her own mind traveled back to that state it so often reverted to in times of crisis and duress.

What if it was her fault?

Had it been another attempt on his life ordered by Benton? Could it have been just a freak coincidental stray bullet? Seemed too close to home for it to simply be a random happening - even still, the repetitive nature of it was wearing on her. Always the people who got close, and things had spiraled far past keeping him at arm's length now.

A hand pressed at his shoulder to push him up as she stood from the chair, somber gaze looking him over, checking her work. He was in one piece, though a single bullet wound had been enough to churn her stomach in painful knots of worry and fear. Levi couldn't imagine how he felt while she lay on the hospital bed in patched-together-pieces for nearly two weeks.

The frown that pressed into her lips could hardly communicate the mess of thoughts behind it.

"You should rest," was what ended up coming out, her hand dropping from his shoulder with an idle sway of indecision before laning on her jacket over the back of the chair, "let Mamen's cooking work its magic."

13. Lukas Forgrave

Character Biography:
    Bio
    He took her pushing back for what it was. A smirk ghosted across his face, disappearing as quickly as it appeared. If he were being honest, it was a destination he wasn't expecting - given the common result of their playful banter. There was a persistent need that often felt like it couldn't be sated. But it seemed doctors orders and hospital beds were forces of their own, standing in the way.

"Yeah." He nodded as he sighed, wondering if he would be left alone to toil over his own thoughts as she gestured towards her jacket. "It was a good dinner." He liked Mamen's Italian food almost as much as he enjoyed hearing Levi speak it. It was heavier than what he normally dealt with on the belt, though noodles were often common place. There was something to be said for the use of flour over rice.

"A few days, I'm sure I'll be as right as rain." He had never seen rain before, though his mother spoke of it often. He wasn't really sure what was right about it, either. Giving her a smile, he rubbed her cheek, seeing if it could dismiss the frown from her face. "I'll drink my slurry."

Don't worry.

Levi Jones likes this.
  14. Levi Jones

Levi Jones Wikibreaker

Character Biography:
    Bio
    There was certainly a moment where she thought about heading home, back to Mamen and her couch. Back to the barely filtered air and the sound of her mother wheezing and coughing in her sleep.

It was a long walk back to her apartment and it'd be the well into the twilight hours by the time she got there.

She only considered it for a moment. It had nothing to do with the comfort of Lukas' bed or the warmth his body provided. Levi's hand left the chairback for the hand on her face, little blue and green plant closing around his knuckles, frown fading just so. He couldn't stop the worry completely but he could help her forget about it for a little while. Right as rain, indeed. What did that even mean?

Turning away without another word, Levi lead him from the kitchen and into his bedroom, making no effort to turn on the lights. Her boots found their way tumbling into the corner, as they usually did. Her hands found his hips and her lips found his own, as they usually did. Seeking out the familiar places that had grown to be something of a home away from home for her.

15. Lukas Forgrave

Character Biography:
    Bio
    He had a lot on his mind. The case of his mysterious gunshot wound and the ongoing investigations that were occurring on Ceres. The matter of some missing armor, concern over what really happened on Phoebe, and the various other crimes that took place on Ceres. While he didn't like to admit that he was easily distracted, particularly from a certain person whose tattoos needed to be thoroughly checked for alignment, the truth was that he had a lot going on.

Healing from his wound was only a part of it.

They parted ways that morning as they normally did. Levi would go back to Mamen, to her work as a mechanic, and Luka would mince his time between Helix Headquarters, the dock, and the various homes he ventured to. Given his injury, he opted to keep his low for the time being. Between Sikes, Benton, Bartle, and the trouble he was causing with big wigs like Kronowsky, it was simply a matter of time before someone decided to add another button hole to the detectives blossoming array. He'd like to be healed from one wound before acquiring another.

A few days passed amidst terminal work and beat cop routines until he was finally seeing the end of the tunnel for the two days off he had incoming. Blue eyes drifted towards the digital clock on the wall, seconds clicking so loud he could hardly hear himself pretend to type. Taking a sip of his cold coffee, he leaned back in his chair as the terminal went to sleep. Fanning out some papers, he passed the remaining time while reading through an unfortunate case regarding a couple of children that had gone missing up on the plaza.

"What the fuck is that?" The thick Russian accent was unmistakable. And Luka heard the seconds slow down, like it was taunting him. "A case, you remember what those are, right?" Luka looked over the papers at the tall Russian, smirking.

"Ha ha, fucking smartass. I mean this..." He held his fingers on the material. "What the fuck is that?"

"You're old enough to know what paper is." Luka replied, teasing the man now, who was Luka's senior by a good deal. "Yeah yeah, why the fuck is your case on..." Hartigan curled his fingers forward, pursing his lips. "Bumaga?"

Luka shrugged in response and the Russian chuckled. "You, eh, coming out tonight?"
    "What's tonight?"
    "The weekend?"
    "Hmm."
    "I figured that's why you were staying so late, waiting around..."
    "Late?"
    "Yeah..." Hartigan checked his terminal. "You're here two hours later than normal."
    "Two hours..." Luka looked up at the clock and then down at his terminal. The times were not even close. Then he narrowed his eyes at the clock before deflating into his chair, realizing that the hands weren't even moving. "Fuck."

Hartigan laughed and pushed Luka's feet off the desk. "Come. Buy me drink. I tell you about the time I unplugged a wall clock just to see if coworker noticed."

Luka gave off a sigh before leaning forward. Spoiler alert: the coworker didn't notice. He rose to his feet, checking for any messages from a certain ink covered individual, before falling in line behind the Russian.

Levi Jones likes this.
  16. Levi Jones

Levi Jones Wikibreaker

Character Biography:
    Bio
    If there was one thing she liked about her lifestyle it was that she was rather out of the loop on the larger goings-on around Ceres. Levi had never much liked politics and had done well to stick to her own business most of her life. What happened beyond the walls of her daily routine and the people she let in, well, it simply was what it was. Where matters might concern her otherwise, such as riots and blockades - those things often snuck into her radar through the feeds of other people.

Mamen liked to stay up to date on current political affairs, though she rarely spoke of them since her husband died. Gil, strangely enough, also kept on the up-and-up. It paid to be in the know when one ran a business that depended on the smooth comings and goings of trade and transports.

Levi just liked to stay on a need-to-know basis. If she didn't need to know, she didn't want to know.

So very little other than the usual things had been a bother over the following days. It helped keep the complicated things in order.

Mainframe. Coming?

It was the only message Lukas had on his terminal from this certain ink-covered individual. He knew it referred to another club she haunted from time to time when off the clock everywhere else. It was one of the places she met up with Queenie, which was the case today. A rare day where work let out early and Queenie had no clients, which gave them time to catch up in person. Felt like she hadn't seen her in ages, and it wasn't so far from the truth.

17. Lukas Forgrave

Character Biography:
    Bio
    His hand terminal chirped, vibrating against the half consumed beer. Luka and Hartigan were so knee deep in valiant efforts to have a conversation while not discussing current cases, he had drank one beer and was already on his second. Looking down at his terminal, he looked at the message and closed the screen.

"Eh, you got somewhere to be?" Hartigan had that sleepy eyed looked that said he was somewhere between joking and looking for a fight. Even if the bar was set up for Star Helix officers, it was easy to get lost in the animosity that an Earther might feel on Ceres. Even one as distinguished as Hartigan.

"Of course I do." Luka responded with a nearly neutral smirk, taking a long sip of his beer - thick with mushroom and earthy fragrance.

"Yeah yeah...Lilian's daughter?" Hartigan snapped his fingers multiple times, as if he didn't know the woman's name.

"Levi..."

"Ya ya, right. Levi." Hartigan sat back in his chair, nodding, as he took a drink of his cocktail. "Tattoos and all that. You two make good pair...because of tattoos."

"What do you know about tattoos?" Luka leaned forward on the counter, interlocking his fingers around the remains of a nearly empty drink.

"I know..." Hartigan scratched his chin. "That it's easier to fit in with certain groups if you have ink. Say...the Dos Arriagas." Hartigan tapped his drink. "I know that one may have a map for a mark, but under UV light it shows a very different thing." Luka nodded, with a smile. "I know that..." He fanned his fingers against his lips. "I get it." Luka stopped him.

"You forget that I've been here a long time...I see things. I hear things. I know things." Hartigan stood up with an empty glass and patted Luka on the shoulder. "Go meet your woman. We'll talk later. Maybe I know about guns too, eh? Maybe I know who shot you. Maybe we shoot them back?" Hartigan gave off a healthy chuckle before lifting his arms, walking towards another group of cops. "Michael, you fat fuck! You eating again?!? That's the sixth meal today!"

He left before Luka could respond. Finishing off his drink, he texted back and left to the raucous noise of Russian banter.

Omw.

Levi Jones likes this.
  18. Levi Jones

Levi Jones Wikibreaker

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Snort.

"Something is funny?"

Mainframe wasn't a place you went to have a conversation usually. It was loud and smallish, with the sounds of synth and the noise of the crowd in such a concentrated area one could hardly hear themselves think. Levi and Queenie sat at the bar, heads together as they conversed through short phrases and long pauses filled with communicative gestures. She hadn't really come here for conversation - this was one of the few places you could get legit imported drink.

It was strong, it was expensive, and it was on Queenie's tab tonight.

Levi spun her hand terminal around for the other woman to read.

"I do not understand ... what is omwey?" Queenie shrugged her slender shoulders, looking perfectly confused.

This drew a snicker out of Levi, "Oh-em-double-you," she tapped at the screen, "on my way."

"Then why does he not just say this?"

"Eh," Levi waved dismissively, "it's shorthand. Must be a Helix thing." She never did much care for the improper use of her education, though it was a necessary element to her fencing business.

"He is better now?" Queenie asked.

A Belta shrug was her answer, "Probably." He said he'd drink his slurry, but she hadn't made it over to check his wound since the first time. Too many late nights at the shop and a call-in from Zira. "You can ask him when he gets here."

"My girls did not see anything," Queenie said with a small frown, "Iris was near that station when you say. Nothing strange - not even a gunshot."

"Yeah, he didn't hear one either."

"I thought silent guns were not allowed?"

"Real guns aren't allowed. Wasn't a fucking plastic bullet that put that kind of hole in him."

Queenie watched Levi for several moments, noting the clenched jaw and the steely glint to her friend's eye. It was difficult, knowing the troubles Levi faced and not being able to reach out to her like she once used to. They spent a great deal of time together, just a year ago. Something had changed though, and it wasn't because of Lukas. No, the change had happened before then.

"Another," she gestured to the Bartender, indicating Levi needed a fresh round.

19. Lukas Forgrave

Character Biography:
    Bio
    He didn't really have many concerns with riding the rail. It wasn't as if he feared some sort of second act, waking up against the vertical rod to stumble his way back to Levi's apartment. Feeling tired and woozy, not knowing that he had been shot. It had made him anxious for certain circumstances, checking himself for wounds when people weren't looking. And when the white tunnel LED lights went out, he paid special attention.

The cop bar was a stones throw from the Headquarters, just on the periphery of Greenwich. To get to Mainframe in any form of timely manner, it was a number of interchanges and shifts on the line. The Medina wasn't exactly easily accessible and it gave him ample opportunity to be cautious - a trait he often lacked.

Subtly patting himself down as he moved from the line, he quickly made his way to club where Levi was - and unknowingly, Queenie.

"You gonna start 'nother fight, zakomang?"

"Oh, I dunno..." Luka pocketed his hands as he shrugged, smiling. The bouncer looked at him with a tired gaze, beneath a heavy brow and thin cheek bones. But he had length to those bony limbs, the sort that when coupled with a trained speed, made for an impressive strike range. Luka would know better than most, he knew Garrot personally. "Ya think it would be fair?"

"With you involved..." A smile grew on the man's face as he shook his head. Then he waved a long finger at Luka. "You start something, the shiny silver won't help you. And you won't see me coming. Sasa ke, pampa?"

"I'm six years older than you."

"A long time in the belt, kopeng. A lot can happen in six years." The man opened the banister and waved his hand, mockingly. "Maybe I'll see you. Maybe I won't." Luka replied as he walked by, overtaken by the cyber scheme of the bar. It wasn't different from many bars but it was unique in the homage paid towards automation. Many scoffed as the luxuries of technology but Mainframe, it seemed to lap it up. Like a pig in mud.

Finding Levi at Queenie, among the droves, Luka approached the bar and tapped the glowing top. Making a signal for a single shot, holding his index finger and thumb as if locked around the room of a small cup, the bartender nodded. It didn't matter what type of liquor, it seemed.

"Mainframe, huh?" He leaned against the bar. Standing next to Levi, he addressed both women.

Levi Jones likes this.
  20. Levi Jones

Levi Jones Wikibreaker

Character Biography:
    Bio
    Levi had sparked up a cigarette - unusual given the circumstances; this act was a stress-reliever and not necessarily a habit or an addiction.

"It's one of Queenie's favorite places," she replied with a side glance and a thin smile, smoke peeling from her words.

"I like the...colors?" Queenie blinked brightly, leaning on the counter across Levi's space to include Luka in the conversation. She smiled warmly at the man, "And the energy - it is alive in here, always," a pause as she looked him over from where she sat, seeming to read his posture and expression like a favorite book, "It is good to see you Lukas."

Levi blew smoke over Queenie's shoulder as the woman leaned around her, smashing out her cigarette in a nearby ashtray, "I'm being followed - not by Bough. One of the other clans. Queenie thinks Arriagas."